Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Undocumented... Nope, looks like they actually are.

From The Washington Post

The Justice findings by department Inspector General Glenn A. Fine examined the criminal histories of 100 illegal immigrants arrested and then released by local and state authorities in 2004, the latest complete data available. Of the sample group of 100, according to the audit, 73 immigrants were later arrested a collective 429 times _ on charges ranging from traffic tickets to weapons and drug charges.
Ok, thats 5.87 arrests per person... Thats exactly 5.85 more arrests than I've had in my entire life (I'm counting a traffic ticket as .01) Now, I do realize that that number does not mention convictions and that it is entirely possible to be arrested without getting charged or convicted of a crime, but I propose that it is highly unlikely to be arrested 6 times in a year for nothing. Also lets consider the cost... Let's say that it costs $1000 to arrest someone and deal with all the logistics, paperwork, overtime, resources, wages and equipment costs. We are talking over $400,000 spent on nothing. I highly doubt that it cost $1000 per arrest, I suspect that the number is a lot higher... It just baffles me that people can continuously get away with this crap an no one does anything about it. Ammo is cheap, I say start using it...


Or... Build a dammed wall!!!

MORE: From FOX News

Pro immigrant group is now claiming that the illegals are forced into crime by the US

No comments: