Saturday, January 13, 2007

Anyone else remember that perv teacher in High School?

from CBS News:

A high school teacher was charged under Texas' "peeping Tom" law with videotaping girls' wrestling matches for his sexual enjoyment.

Police said David Ware, 28, often zoomed in for close-up shots of the girls' crotches.

Authorities say the first-year speech and drama teacher plans to turn himself in this week to Grand Prairie, Texas, police to face charges of improper visual recording, which carries up to two years in prison and a $10,000 fine.
Ok, while I have to agree that the actions of this teacher are creepy, and perhaps even enough to get him fired, I just cant see charging him with a crime like this... I mean first of all, he has a valid point, the law is so vague that every fan that takes pictures of the football cheerleaders could be charged with a crime... I'm just glad that no laws like this existed back in the day when I used to go to all those wet T-shirt contests... and I wont even talk about topless karaoke night...

Hat tip to Florida Cracker

No comments: