Saturday, January 13, 2007

Come in here, dear boy, have a cigar.

From The Scotsman:

This is a great article this Scottish sniper describes one of his kills.

"He was just standing there. It was beautiful. He was only exposed a few seconds.

"I didn't need to adjust my rifle sights as they were set right from the previous day.

"Just like in training, I breathed slowly, inhaled and pulled the trigger.

"The 338 calibre bullet travels at about 800 metres a second so it would have taken just over a second to reach him.

"He was hit full in the upper chest. It took him a couple of seconds to drop but I knew he was slotted [dead].

"If one of these big 338 rounds hits you in the chest, even from that distance, it will cause a lethal amount of damage.

Afterwards, he celebrates his first combat kill with a good cigar... I say, send him a box of cigars

No comments: